Thursday, March 23, 2006

To Innocence!!

During College I suffered from far too many health problems.And one issue which I faced was a throat infection( due to a wisdom tooth which since it was mine decided that instead of taking the normal route of growing among other teeth took the totally unnecessary way of growing through a bone )due to which I couldn't talk for more than almost 2 months!!!
What so many including myself thought was impossible me being silent for more than 10 mins(normally that's the time I take to eat) became reality.Yes! Yes! I know it was very peaceful for my roommates and friends and I am sure they made the best of it!


Then you must be wondering how I communicated well it was mainly sign language which I mastered pretty well and notepad (virtual and real) what was really funny in a "dialogue"(if u can call it that) my friends would often start writing themselves and I would point out that they can talk!!


I remember one conversation between my friend A and i.He was trying to keep my mind off the pain.he being the spiritually enlightened one he first asked me to concentrate on the location of pain.Then after locating it to move it out of my body through my thoughts.When he asked me if I had focused on the location I nodded in the affirmative and then pointed to him as the source of pain(sorry! I am still a worldly being)


He changed tactics and started giving me a lecture on how all humans are born pure and as we grow up all our vices coat us like a layer of dirt and with each layer we are moving farther away from God.And having survived on buttermilk and tea(Yes I lost weight!) for 25 days I was in no mood for this!I patiently wrote it out that if he didn't stop I would get an Un abridged Bhagavad Gita and hit him with that.That shut him up!!


Why am I mentioning this now.Well now that I can talk again and I have eaten my lunch I can appreciate what he said.Have you noticed that baby's don't bother about the why and immediately smile (well unless u sit and scare them).They are not bothered about your intentions and you have to smile bcoz of their innocence.But say some one we don't know smiles at us we immediately question it "Why?? What does he want??" Sad!


Well I am no innocent .. and yes I have had my cynical thoughts ...But here's to keeping the child in us alive!


Aplolgies A !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home